The Driver Youth Trust (“DYT”) (“We”) are committed to are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. “Personal data” refers to information from which you are directly or indirectly identifiable according to EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). “we/us/our” refers to Driver Youth Trust (DYT) of 44 Webber Street, London, SE1 8QW, registered charity 1167893. Our nominated Data Protection Office is our CEO.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.driveryouthtrust.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register interest in our programmes and training, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and school/organisation.
On each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP)
address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Under GDPR we have the legal right to process data with your consent. According to Article 4(11) of the GDPR this is defined as “any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her”.
We will use information you give to us to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
We will use information we collect about you:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you with your consent;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them, with your consent.
If you tell us you do not want to receive communications from us, we will remove you from our list and will not send you further materials. This option will be clear on every email, or you can contact us at email@example.com or 0203 981 7809.
We will not share your data with a third party without your consent:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties
Where we store your personal data
The GDPR gives you as an individual the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to any personal data and supplementary information we hold about you;
- The right to rectify any personal data we hold about you which may be inaccurate or incomplete. Do this using our contact details on the website;
- The right to request that we erase any data we hold about you;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability i.e. obtaining a copy of your personal data to reuse elsewhere;
- The right to object that we use your personal data for particular purposes;
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We will only use your data for the purposes you have given your consent.
You can exercise the rights above as you fill out sign up forms, or at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Thank you for visiting the Driver Youth Trust website. We hope your visit has been an informative and enjoyable experience.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information on the website. Please note that information given on this website is intended for general use, was correct at the time of publication, and will be updated from time to time. No responsibility can be accepted for action taken or refrained from solely by reference to the contents of this website. Please remember that each child and their special educational needs and literacy difficulties are different, and advice should be sought from several appropriate sources to support them.